I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- #payments #travel quiz why did I rearrange my wallet for my trip today? http://t.co/rYvdSH1Eji 2 hours ago
- My @united club lifetime membership has been greatly devalued by @AmericanExpress 2 hours ago
- The @AmericanAir lounges charge for candy; @AmericanExpress offers gourmet meals, nice wine and fresh squeezed OJ for free 3 hours ago
- As @AmericanExpress expands it lounge network there will be no reason for anyone to buy memberships for crappy @united @american lounges. 3 hours ago
- Probably goes without saying but the @AmericanExpress centurion lounge is infinitely better than the @united lounges. http://t.co/5vL1FfL0gk 3 hours ago
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- An apology, an explanation and a bunch of thank yous
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- The death of nuance: Komen, ALS and Uber
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- Social media and the new world of work — my take
- Batkid, San Francisco and my brother’s experience with the Make-A-Wish foundation
- Why I’m joining OLO’s advisory board
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- How daily deal companies could improve the merchant experience -- and why they won't
- Because manholes are round
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
Monthly Archives: October 2010
Netflix is edging a step closer to its name with a test of streaming only service in the United States. The new offering allows users to purchase a net-only subscription for $7.99 a month. Adding DVD rentals is an option … Continue reading