I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Former PayPaler Don Kingsborough joins board of Raise, a gift card sales company. Good move. chicagoinno.streetwise.co/2015/03/02/rai… via @jaredmckiernan 11 minutes ago
- Apple boss: We have a human right to privacy via @mdudas telegraph.co.uk/technology/app… 2 days ago
- Outlook app users: anyway to add @tripit calendar to its calendar? 2 days ago
- RT @erikbryn: "in the entire history of the US airline industry, cumulative earnings have been negative $33B" vox.com/2014/8/27/6075… via @m… 3 days ago
- RT @kevinrose: Tim Cook says that the Apple Watch will "replace your cars keys", I disagree, @Uber will replace your car keys 3 days ago
- With Autodesk’s Memento, anyone can create 3D models of buildings, sculptures, or other physical objects March 3, 2015
- Chrome 41 launches with new developer features and tools, 51 security fixes March 3, 2015
- Why Pebble’s CEO actually wants the Apple Watch to succeed March 3, 2015
- With 90M users, Change.org buys Versa to expand its petition platform March 3, 2015
- Google’s self-driving cars could come with gesture-based controls, pedestrian notifications March 3, 2015
- Facebook’s 5 trends for an exciting, profitable, mobile-first future March 3, 2015
- 500 iOS games per day: Flooded mobile market is tricky for indie devs March 3, 2015
- Square launches restaurant ordering app Caviar on Android March 3, 2015
- iOS 8 is now on 75% of Apple’s mobile devices March 3, 2015
- Twitter’s Digits helping developers build social graphs for apps by requesting users’ contacts March 3, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- A simple fix to an Uber-related security issue
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- The death of nuance: Komen, ALS and Uber
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Because manholes are round
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Communicating amongst friends: how technology changes human relationships
- Technology's effects on our language
- Why I'm joining Groupon
Monthly Archives: August 2010
Facebook’s much awaited Places product finally launched this week. It’s the first step toward bringing friend finding to the masses. People have been using Facebook to do this for years; posting their location in freeform status updates that their friends can … Continue reading
There’s an interesting thread over at Mike Blumenthal’s blog on the effect of Facebook Places on the local reviews space. My view is that reviews and updates will coexist, much as blogs and Twitter coexist. People who were less committed … Continue reading