I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- At least my barista was able to explain to customer in front of me how chip cards work. 2 days ago
- Damn chip card people slowing down my Starbucks experience. http://t.co/GYZyZaQycq 2 days ago
- Probability, journalists and weather forecasters vox.com/2015/10/7/9472… 2 days ago
- RT @CFPB: New proposal to ban companies from using #arbitration clauses as a free pass to avoid accountability: go.usa.gov/3u6ZY 2 days ago
- Tips to enhance your GMV yourstory.com/2015/10/enhanc… I see lots of companies ignoring coupon code repeated use. 2 days ago
- A look inside Turkey’s startup scene October 10, 2015
- Facebook and Twitter reportedly blocked in Turkey following Ankara terrorist attack October 10, 2015
- Establishing credibility when you’re a young entrepreneur October 10, 2015
- Introducing our GamesBeat Online schedule October 10, 2015
- How one VR developer’s beating motion sickness by going back to role-playing game basics October 10, 2015
- Europe could lead the way on Android’s great unbundling October 10, 2015
- How eye-tracking tech could help ICU patients communicate October 10, 2015
- Computer science is now the top major for women at Stanford University October 10, 2015
- Elon Musk clarifies earlier remarks, says he doesn’t hate Apple October 9, 2015
- Windows will add support for the North Korea time zone on October 20 October 9, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Why I'm joining Groupon
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Groupon resource page
- Because manholes are round
- The terrible numbers that Groupon doesn't want you to focus on
Monthly Archives: August 2010
Facebook’s much awaited Places product finally launched this week. It’s the first step toward bringing friend finding to the masses. People have been using Facebook to do this for years; posting their location in freeform status updates that their friends can … Continue reading
There’s an interesting thread over at Mike Blumenthal’s blog on the effect of Facebook Places on the local reviews space. My view is that reviews and updates will coexist, much as blogs and Twitter coexist. People who were less committed … Continue reading