I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- csen, Silicon Valley is Going to Retrench in 2016 csen.tumblr.com/post/125460789… 21 hours ago
- Seen on the street. http://t.co/mJaObuhTW2 23 hours ago
- What do people think of Facebook Moments? Seems vaguely like Color, without the over-limiting, illiquid real-time restriction. 1 day ago
- Steep Discounts a Boon for Customers, but a Gamble for Start-Ups nytimes.com/2015/07/30/tec… Great stuff from @fmanjoo /via @hunterwalk 2 days ago
- Yelp shares plunge 28% after earnings loss cnbc.com/2015/07/28/yel… 2 days ago
- Mobile telematic startup Driveway puts $10M in its glove compartment July 31, 2015
- Uber reportedly raises $1B at a $51B valuation from investors including Microsoft July 31, 2015
- Mobile game giant Gree enters its ‘phase 2′ following layoffs July 31, 2015
- We’re hiring a writer to cover video games and gadgets July 31, 2015
- Pinterest hires Susan Kare, the designer behind several iconic Macintosh designs and typefaces July 31, 2015
- Shield ‘fire hazard’ recall is another hurdle for Nvidia’s game-streaming strategy July 31, 2015
- Priceline.com, at the intersection of technology and humanity, takes #1 in the travel space July 31, 2015
- All signs suggest Tidal is sinking, and nobody will miss it July 31, 2015
- How to build financial apps to meet rapidly-evolving customer expectations (webinar) July 31, 2015
- Twitch unveils lineup for its real-world TwitchCon event July 31, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Because manholes are round
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- My genius list
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
Monthly Archives: July 2010
Groupon announced a shift from its approach of the same deal for all email subscribers in a market to personalized deals in select cities. CEO Andrew Mason says that there is a backlog of 35,000 businesses waiting to be featured … Continue reading
In recent months, we’ve seen daily deal sites like Groupon and Living Social grow like crazy. Groupon is valued at $1.35 billion. That’s more than 4x the valuation of the McClatchy Company, one of the country’s largest newspaper publishers. It … Continue reading
On my last trip, I had the opportunity to try United’s mobile check-in and mobile boarding passes. The promise is paper-free check in. It sounds really great, but it’s not quite there. Partly it’s due to United’s horrible user interface, … Continue reading