I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Cool new trick from Google local. This is what you can do when you have meaningful data - unlike Yelp techcrunch.com/2015/07/28/goo… via @hunterwalk 15 hours ago
- If I invented a drinking game for investor calls, the trigger word would be "color." 16 hours ago
- Trade from earlier today. PUT (YELP) YELP INC FEB 19 16 $29 @NRellas 16 hours ago
- Must-read piece on the service economy and 1099 vs. W2 by @ellenhuet forbes.com/sites/ellenhue… 19 hours ago
- “There’s an adverse selection to high discount — it’s maybe not sending the right message” forbes.com/sites/ellenhue… 19 hours ago
- Deloitte and Coupa Form Strategic Alliance to Help Drive Procurement Transformation July 29, 2015
- Google Translate now provides instant visual translations in 27 languages on iOS and Android July 29, 2015
- IDC: Tablet shipments decline for third quarter in a row, leaders Apple and Samsung lose market share again July 29, 2015
- AltspaceVR raises $10.3M to grow its virtual reality platform for shared experiences July 29, 2015
- Xbox chief hopes Halo: The Master Chief Collection will boost China console sales July 29, 2015
- Predictive marketer Radius lands $50M so companies can optimize for the world they want July 29, 2015
- Review site G2 Crowd scores high enough to land $7M in new funding July 29, 2015
- Onboard right or die: 5 essential items to include in your First Time User Experience July 29, 2015
- Splatoon helps Nintendo return to profit in Satoru Iwata’s final quarter July 29, 2015
- Nintendo sold 1M 3DSes and 470K Wii U consoles last quarter July 29, 2015
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Because manholes are round
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- How daily deal companies could improve the merchant experience -- and why they won't
- Think Groupon is a technology company? Think again.