I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Simple and very useful @Target watch feature. http://t.co/VhbiqeYkYL 3 days ago
- Watching people use that @McDonalds touch screen ordering... Clearly the ux and process flow needs a lot of work. 5 days ago
- First time I've seen this touch screen ordering and payment kiosk at McDonald's. http://t.co/IJTw6FZIOb 5 days ago
- Of 200 apps installed on my phone, 49 of them have Watch apps. Pretty incredible for a brand new platform. 5 days ago
- Love that uber has finally added terminals and doors. Huge improvement for airport rides. http://t.co/Jhfh023FtF 5 days ago
- My Chromebook isn’t that bad. I hope Google and its partners keep improving it May 26, 2015
- RadioShack customers won this round, but we still need better data privacy guarantees May 25, 2015
- Apple’s Jony Ive ascends to Chief Design Officer post May 25, 2015
- Twitter has reportedly been in talks to buy Flipboard for more than $1B May 25, 2015
- Everything Google is rumored to announce at its I/O dev conference this week May 25, 2015
- Android M’s internal codename is Macadamia Nut Cookie May 25, 2015
- The Rule of 50: How to quantify organizational success May 25, 2015
- Charter Communications acquires Time Warner Cable for $55.1B as pay TV business weakens May 25, 2015
- Ireland’s gay marriage campaign reveals the perils of being a stock-photo model May 25, 2015
- Funding Daily: Today’s tech funding news, in one place May 25, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- Social media and the new world of work — my take
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- The terrible numbers that Groupon doesn't want you to focus on
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- Airbnb's changes don't go far enough
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Communicating amongst friends: how technology changes human relationships