I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- #Sundance can't help but think that Direct to Netflix is a lot more prestigious than Direct to DVD/Blu-Ray. Agree? 8 hours ago
- Who needs CES when you can go to a luxury party at #sundance. Also available: boats, planes, diamond encrusted iphone http://t.co/55osHSXS6s 11 hours ago
- People who don't buy groceries for 2-3 weeks bare the shelves for two days. Hysteria is fun. 11 hours ago
- RT @mdudas: .@TransferWise raises $58M round from @a16z and adds @bhorowitz to the board. They're playing for keeps! techcrunch.com/2015/01/25/a16…… 13 hours ago
- This piece might set a record for the most statistical and research errors in one @nytimes article. Kudos! mobile.nytimes.com/2015/01/25/opi… 13 hours ago
- Everspin takes $29 million to develop next generation MRAM chips January 26, 2015
- App downloads soared in December — but so did marketing costs January 26, 2015
- Google taps WePay to put Wallet support in 200K more online stores January 26, 2015
- Jafco Ventures becomes Icon Ventures, now that Icon Venture Partners is called Rally Ventures January 26, 2015
- AT&T’s Mexican expansion continues as it acquires mobile carrier Nextel in a $1.9B deal January 26, 2015
- TCO vs. TVO: How to determine the cost and value of the managed cloud January 26, 2015
- PhotoShelter launches Libris for businesses that keep photos in virtual shoeboxes January 26, 2015
- Why 2014 was a fantastic and terrible year for venture capital in Europe January 26, 2015
- Turkish court threatens Facebook ban over offensive Prophet Muhammad Pages January 26, 2015
- Here’s what the tech industry says were the 10 dumbest things that happened in 2014 January 26, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- The death of nuance: Komen, ALS and Uber
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- Social media and the new world of work — my take
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Technology's effects on our language
- Google Offers merchant agreement
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- The terrible numbers that Groupon doesn't want you to focus on
- Communicating amongst friends: how technology changes human relationships
- Because manholes are round