I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Guess those twitter emails are a short-term way to pump MAU; medium-term way to get people to unsubscribe from your emails. 1 hour ago
- Twitter has managed to create emails more useless than linkedin's barrage of spam. http://t.co/kXI8W3JvBT 1 hour ago
- Nokia Sells HERE Mapping Business To Group Of European Car Makers For $3.07B techcrunch.com/2015/08/02/her… 15 hours ago
- Twitter is struggling to reengage its 1 billion inactive users - Business Insider businessinsider.com/twitter-monthl… 16 hours ago
- Inside the sad, expensive failure of Google+ mashable.com/2015/08/02/goo… ... Google Photos is the best thing to come out of it. 17 hours ago
- YouTube’s desktop player now sports a transparent control bar that disappears when not in use August 4, 2015
- 5 ways to accelerate app monetization with rewarded video August 4, 2015
- LinkedIn’s publishing platform expands beyond English and into Portuguese; German and French to follow August 4, 2015
- Confidence of Silicon Valley’s venture capitalists hits two-year low August 4, 2015
- Acer takes aim at Chromebooks with the Windows 10 Aspire One Cloudbook 11 and 14 laptops, starting at $170 August 4, 2015
- Salesforce, Brand Networks among the first to add support for Instagram’s Ads API in their marketing platform August 4, 2015
- Makerbase launches to become an IMDb for makers August 4, 2015
- Buy buttons could hurt brands more than they help August 4, 2015
- 21 things that people wish Cortana could do August 4, 2015
- Dutch mobile marketing firm iQU acquires TinyLoot and Target Gamers August 4, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Because manholes are round
- Shop Talk: A conversation with a Groupon merchant
- Custom pictures come to credit cards
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
Monthly Archives: May 2010
Last week, Google announced Google TV, a product that marries the Web with TV. It’s a product category that I’ve been excited about for several years. But creating new product categories is hard. Retail is hard. Doing both together is … Continue reading