I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- “Why Zirtual’s Demise Makes Me Glad I Turned Down Millions in Funding” — @lkr medium.com/female-founder… 19 hours ago
- Uber seems to be getting more aggressive in SF with UberEats: emailing about lunches in 10 minutes or less. 19 hours ago
- ZIRX gets strategic investment from BMW, launches parking service for enterprises venturebeat.com/2015/09/02/zir… 1 day ago
- Great comment from @joshelman on the big challenge with Twitter. producthunt.com/live/josh-elma… 1 day ago
- Digital ordering startup @Olo launches 'Dispatch,' connecting restaurants with delivery companies video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video… (advisor) 1 day ago
- Arbitrator’s ruling in case of music composer Marty O’Donnell v. Destiny developer Bungie September 5, 2015
- Lyft, Uber poach key Twitter engineers, managers amid turmoil September 5, 2015
- Ex-Bungie composer Marty O’Donnell wins epic legal fight with former bosses September 5, 2015
- Google releases technical specifications for its Cardboard v2 virtual reality headset September 5, 2015
- Why HomeKit deserves some serious love during Apple’s iPhone event next week September 4, 2015
- Twitter now suggests users to follow in your home timeline on iOS and Android September 4, 2015
- Microsoft is using Bing to discourage Windows 10 users from downloading Chrome and Firefox September 4, 2015
- Hands-on with the Acer Aspire One Cloudbook 11 September 4, 2015
- BlackBerry buying Good isn’t just good, it’s smart September 4, 2015
- Creative Commons founder Larry Lessig is running for president: ‘The system is rigged!’ September 4, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- Donald Trump is right
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Rakesh's quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Groupon resource page
- Communicating amongst friends: how technology changes human relationships
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- How not to design an ATM
- Think Groupon is a technology company? Think again.
Monthly Archives: May 2010
Last week, Google announced Google TV, a product that marries the Web with TV. It’s a product category that I’ve been excited about for several years. But creating new product categories is hard. Retail is hard. Doing both together is … Continue reading