I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- RT @mblumenthal: @rakeshlobster Great question. Problem is Nokia sucks as much as TeleAtlas fixing stuff. Some signs of improve, not enough… 1 week ago
- Who is Nokia Here most valuable to? Apple, Uber, Facebook... ? @mblumenthal 1 week ago
- A Call for New Type of Mapping Platform ... Fun day dreaming. Google is best positioned to provide this. theinformation.com/A-Call-for-New… 1 week ago
- RT @MaxCRoser: What the History of Camera Sales Looks Like with Smartphones Included (Source: bit.ly/1EqUYC7) http://t.co/Esaxx1D7… 1 week ago
- RT @RakeshAgrawal: What Uber is killing (it's not the taxi industry) detroitnews.com/story/opinion/… via @reillybrennan http://t.co/XG5BddZ8nU 1 week ago
- HBO is wooing millennials, but legal didn’t get the memo April 21, 2015
- The top 3 qualities of a great data scientist April 21, 2015
- Slack brings its app to the Apple Watch (video) April 20, 2015
- CenturyLink is acquiring cloud-database startup Orchestrate April 20, 2015
- Kabam restructures to focus only on the biggest mobile game hits April 20, 2015
- Comcast’s trump card in TWC merger case is bullcrap April 20, 2015
- PayPal hires execs from Singtel and Nokia ahead of split from eBay April 20, 2015
- IBM’s stock is flat after low Q1 revenue of $19.6B and strong EPS of $2.91 April 20, 2015
- Steve Jobs used LSD and pot, but you can only play this marijuana-growing game on Android April 20, 2015
- This zoo is crowdfunding tech that turns animal poop into energy April 20, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- The death of nuance: Komen, ALS and Uber
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Because manholes are round
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Communicating amongst friends: how technology changes human relationships
- How daily deal companies could improve the merchant experience -- and why they won't
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
Monthly Archives: February 2010
What would readers conclude after looking at the graph above? Best Buy sales have gone up at least 10 fold in the last 2 years. (Recession, what recession?) Best Buy’s monthly sales at the end of 2009 were roughly $22 … Continue reading