I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Google's new timeline is interesting, creepy and incomplete. venturebeat.com/2015/07/27/han… 5 hours ago
- eBay Now rapid-delivery service shut down - CNET cnet.com/news/ebay-now-… There was no chance in hell this was going to work. 11 hours ago
- Interesting load balancing by @lyft. Would you wait 10 minutes to save $6. For me, varies by circumstance. http://t.co/aM18kjwLOY 1 day ago
- RT @mdudas: The 2016 version of Monopoly comes with an EMV card reader. Critical to prevent against "Do not pass Go" fraud... https://t.co/… 2 days ago
- RT @BrianRoemmele: 💳 ➡️ 💻 Discovered a fascinating method that allows @Stripe to be used as a payment method for retail POS systems. It … 2 days ago
- Amazon Web Services launches its Aurora database engine out of preview July 28, 2015
- Circa CEO Matt Galligan launches consultancy to help startups with product design and ideation July 28, 2015
- OnePlus raises the curtain on its second phone, the OnePlus 2 July 28, 2015
- Before you fault your salesperson, make sure your process isn’t broken July 28, 2015
- London’s Deliveroo devours $70M in fresh funding to grow its premium meal-delivery service globally July 27, 2015
- Opternative launches online eye exams, so you can get a prescription right from your desktop July 27, 2015
- Funding Daily: Today’s tech funding news, in one place July 27, 2015
- Hands on with Google Maps’ Your Timeline: Fascinating, but freaky July 27, 2015
- Medium updates rules to suppress harassment and revenge porn July 27, 2015
- Nest Cam reviewed: High marks for ease of use and connectivity July 27, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- How do you pay for a ride on SF Muni with a $20 and a $1?
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Shop Talk: A conversation with a Groupon merchant
Monthly Archives: February 2010
What would readers conclude after looking at the graph above? Best Buy sales have gone up at least 10 fold in the last 2 years. (Recession, what recession?) Best Buy’s monthly sales at the end of 2009 were roughly $22 … Continue reading