I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- At least my barista was able to explain to customer in front of me how chip cards work. 1 day ago
- Damn chip card people slowing down my Starbucks experience. http://t.co/GYZyZaQycq 1 day ago
- Probability, journalists and weather forecasters vox.com/2015/10/7/9472… 1 day ago
- RT @CFPB: New proposal to ban companies from using #arbitration clauses as a free pass to avoid accountability: go.usa.gov/3u6ZY 1 day ago
- Tips to enhance your GMV yourstory.com/2015/10/enhanc… I see lots of companies ignoring coupon code repeated use. 1 day ago
- Google Docs is down, what are we going to do, you guys October 9, 2015
- Google Search now indexes iOS 9 apps with deep links, Safari will show app content by end of the month October 9, 2015
- Grumpy Cat reluctantly partners with Foursquare to save kittens October 9, 2015
- Xbox chief wants Xbox 360 games to work on PC October 9, 2015
- Dow Jones reveals it was hacked, says up to 3,500 accounts were exposed October 9, 2015
- GamesBeat 2015 speaker Chris Heatherly on how Disney leverages its IP with games October 9, 2015
- Kristian Segerstrale highlights e-sports’ touch-based future at GamesBeat 2015 October 9, 2015
- GamesBeat weekly roundup: An ex-prisoner reviews a prison game and PlayStation 4 price cut October 9, 2015
- LastPass users panic after company sells to LogMeIn for $110M October 9, 2015
- One week with Google’s new Chromecast: A slicker dongle, but no rush to upgrade October 9, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Because manholes are round
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Groupon resource page
- The terrible numbers that Groupon doesn't want you to focus on
- Why I'm joining Groupon
Monthly Archives: February 2010
What would readers conclude after looking at the graph above? Best Buy sales have gone up at least 10 fold in the last 2 years. (Recession, what recession?) Best Buy’s monthly sales at the end of 2009 were roughly $22 … Continue reading