I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- The @tsa confiscated my pants. http://t.co/LKNH0trZd0 5 hours ago
- Potential excuses: @TSA confiscated my pants; shit, i was really sleepy this morning and didn't notice; I'm on TV, this is what we wear. 13 hours ago
- FWIW, that's also how I do TV appearances when I'm at a remote camera. 13 hours ago
- Dare from GF: Fly to London in business on @virginatlantic class wearing this, she will pay me $500. Who would do it? http://t.co/SLBljCFosq 13 hours ago
- RT @RWMann: @rakeshlobster Hence the name... 15 hours ago
- Tesla is at another crossroads July 4, 2015
- This week in the emerging Age of Touchlessness July 4, 2015
- Minecon 2015: Telltale and Mojang drop first ‘Minecraft: Story Mode’ trailer and cast details July 4, 2015
- Holidays can be hard for entrepreneurs July 4, 2015
- Apocalypse not: Investing in new media today July 4, 2015
- A Palo Alto company is trying to sue anonymous Yelp trolls for millions of dollars July 4, 2015
- Ad buyers: Manage waste before you worry about impact July 4, 2015
- Autoplay shouldn’t rule online video July 4, 2015
- AOL to manage Microsoft ads: Why increased consolidation is good news July 3, 2015
- Ophan: Inside the Guardian’s data-driven newsroom July 3, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- Rakesh's quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Airbnb's changes don't go far enough
- Because manholes are round
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- How do you pay for a ride on SF Muni with a $20 and a $1?
- How daily deal companies could improve the merchant experience -- and why they won't
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
Monthly Archives: February 2010
What would readers conclude after looking at the graph above? Best Buy sales have gone up at least 10 fold in the last 2 years. (Recession, what recession?) Best Buy’s monthly sales at the end of 2009 were roughly $22 … Continue reading