I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- A reminder that your Instagram photos aren’t really yours: Someone else can sell them for $90,000 washingtonpost.com/blogs/style-bl… 1 day ago
- It's amazing how quickly @Bankoff took a sports blogging network and turned it into a media powerhouse. 1 day ago
- Congratulations to @karaswisher and @Bankoff. A great combination. 1 day ago
- Landlord just hit me with a 22% rent increase. #lifeinSF #talkrent 2 days ago
- Simple and very useful @Target watch feature. http://t.co/VhbiqeYkYL 6 days ago
- Google expands Material design guidelines for Android TV, Auto, and Cardboard May 28, 2015
- Samsung patents a fingerprint reader that you don’t have to touch May 28, 2015
- Everything Google announced at I/O 2015 May 28, 2015
- Apple has acquired augmented reality company Metaio May 28, 2015
- Getting our hands dirty with the Nvidia Shield Android TV set-top box May 28, 2015
- Nvidia launches its Shield set-top box for Android TV — with optional 500GB hard drive May 28, 2015
- Google’s Chromecast turns your TV into a game board, race track, or dance floor — without a console May 28, 2015
- Google partners with GoPro to launch Jump, a virtual reality filming kit May 28, 2015
- Google announces Cardboard Expeditions to let teachers take classes on field trips May 28, 2015
- Google launches the Family Store, a Play Store section for kids and parents May 28, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- Social media and the new world of work — my take
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Because manholes are round
- How daily deal companies could improve the merchant experience -- and why they won't
- Communicating amongst friends: how technology changes human relationships
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- The terrible numbers that Groupon doesn't want you to focus on
Monthly Archives: February 2010
What would readers conclude after looking at the graph above? Best Buy sales have gone up at least 10 fold in the last 2 years. (Recession, what recession?) Best Buy’s monthly sales at the end of 2009 were roughly $22 … Continue reading