I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Ok, can trump supporters name 1? twitter.com/rdoddala/statu… 11 hours ago
- I wonder how many trump supporters could name 3 justices on SCOTUS. 11 hours ago
- I can't wait to hear whom Trump would nominate. I'm sure he'd be huuuuuuuge. Best nomination ever. 12 hours ago
- Scalia was confirmed with a unanimous vote. Fat chance of that happening in today's climate. 13 hours ago
- The regulatory times are a changin'. As SV disrupts more, regulators are getting more interested sooner. mashable.com/2016/02/10/sil… 1 day ago
- These 3 things are trying to kill Linux containers February 14, 2016
- Nice, the high-performance computing company Amazon just acquired, has a heck of a customer list February 14, 2016
- Chris Milk’s startup Vrse is slowly building a collection of the top VR video around February 14, 2016
- Locate this! The battle for app-specific maps February 14, 2016
- Microsoft patents a modular PC with stackable components February 13, 2016
- Top dating apps are just waiting to be hacked — analysis February 13, 2016
- How tech’s big 3 are getting ready to read your emotions February 13, 2016
- Europe’s new laws could cost you 4% of your revenues February 13, 2016
- Blizzard cofounder Frank Pearce: 25 years of making games isn’t enough February 13, 2016
- Bits are beating atoms: The Google, Facebook, Apple and Amazon shuffle February 13, 2016
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- MovieBeam's (sort of) video on demand
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Custom pictures come to credit cards
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Getting out of your cell phone contract for free
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Shop Talk: A conversation with a Groupon merchant
Monthly Archives: February 2010
What would readers conclude after looking at the graph above? Best Buy sales have gone up at least 10 fold in the last 2 years. (Recession, what recession?) Best Buy’s monthly sales at the end of 2009 were roughly $22 … Continue reading