I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- National Venture Capital Association only had to donate <$500k to keep carried interest from being taxed like it should. 1 hour ago
- Google is catching up to AT&T in Washington donor race. 3.8M vs 4.2M. Ahead of VZ at 3.4M. Note that is M. Buying influence in DC is cheap. 1 hour ago
- ATM card broken so I had to go into a BofA branch to withdraw cash. What an awful experience. 3 hours ago
- SF-Based Startup Chefs Feed Hopes To Be The Anti-Yelp: SFist sfist.com/2015/02/26/sf-… 5 hours ago
- iTunes and AOL end their love affair | Cult of Mac cultofmac.com/313249/itunes-… 6 hours ago
- What color is #TheDress? Facebook is analyzing your answers to this question, too, of course February 27, 2015
- Google launches a dashboard to update developers on the status of Cloud Platform services February 27, 2015
- GameStop continues diversifying by picking up 163 RadioShack locations to sell phones February 27, 2015
- A handy scale for understanding what pageviews actually mean February 27, 2015
- Facebook explains when employees can access your account without your password February 27, 2015
- Google ditches concrete for flexible structures in new HQ proposal February 27, 2015
- Marketing Tech: Which tools provide the biggest return — and which are a waste of money? (webinar) February 27, 2015
- GamesBeat weekly roundup: Valve has VR plans, net neutrality, and Nvidia’s cloud gaming plans February 27, 2015
- Exploring the lessons of the Exploding Kittens $8M crowdfunding campaign February 27, 2015
- After Superfish scandal, Lenovo vows less bloatware and to be ‘leader in cleaner, safer PCs’ February 27, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- A simple fix to an Uber-related security issue
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- The death of nuance: Komen, ALS and Uber
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Because manholes are round
- Groupon resource page
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- The terrible numbers that Groupon doesn't want you to focus on
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Why I'm joining Groupon
Daily Archives: August 5, 2009
Google announced yesterday that it has added more detail on its maps, highlighting businesses and landmarks. They even solved the Albert Einstein Memorial problem that I wrote about last year. Businesses and landmarks are important because they make maps more … Continue reading