I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- ZIRX gets strategic investment from BMW, launches parking service for enterprises venturebeat.com/2015/09/02/zir… 16 hours ago
- Great comment from @joshelman on the big challenge with Twitter. producthunt.com/live/josh-elma… 17 hours ago
- Digital ordering startup @Olo launches 'Dispatch,' connecting restaurants with delivery companies video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video… (advisor) 18 hours ago
- Great advice from @joshelman on product hunt live producthunt.com/live/josh-elman 2 days ago
- RT @ReutersTech: Instagram adds features to keep up with young, messaging users reut.rs/1PJvpP8 2 days ago
- comScore: Facebook now holds the top two positions among app users in the U.S. September 4, 2015
- Libre Wireless Technologies Powers SK Telecom’s Innovative Portable Hi-Fi Audio, UO Linkage September 4, 2015
- Uber’s #UberDinner marketing stunt in Singapore and Kuala Lumpur ends in hunger September 4, 2015
- Justice Department tightens cellphone tracking rules September 4, 2015
- WhatsApp now has 900M monthly active users September 4, 2015
- Some doctors DO want your Fitbit data September 4, 2015
- Here’s a look at some of the newest Star Wars toys coming out September 4 September 4, 2015
- Mozilla pushes out first public preview of Firefox for iOS September 4, 2015
- Google Calendar is getting a new, more secure URL September 4, 2015
- Alex Gibney’s edgy Steve Jobs documentary hits theaters tomorrow, Sept. 4 (exclusive clip) September 3, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- Donald Trump is right
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Why I'm joining Groupon
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- How do you pay for a ride on SF Muni with a $20 and a $1?
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Yelp advertiser agreement
Daily Archives: August 5, 2009
Google announced yesterday that it has added more detail on its maps, highlighting businesses and landmarks. They even solved the Albert Einstein Memorial problem that I wrote about last year. Businesses and landmarks are important because they make maps more … Continue reading