I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Simple and very useful @Target watch feature. http://t.co/VhbiqeYkYL 2 days ago
- Watching people use that @McDonalds touch screen ordering... Clearly the ux and process flow needs a lot of work. 3 days ago
- First time I've seen this touch screen ordering and payment kiosk at McDonald's. http://t.co/IJTw6FZIOb 3 days ago
- Of 200 apps installed on my phone, 49 of them have Watch apps. Pretty incredible for a brand new platform. 4 days ago
- Love that uber has finally added terminals and doors. Huge improvement for airport rides. http://t.co/Jhfh023FtF 4 days ago
- Firefox’s optional Tracking Protection reduces load time for top news sites by 44% May 24, 2015
- ‘Cutting to the bone’ is the wrong move in private equity May 24, 2015
- Why Japan’s lucrative mobile gaming market isn’t great for foreign developers May 24, 2015
- John Nash, ‘A Beautiful Mind’ mathematician and game theory contributor, killed in car crash May 24, 2015
- The Series A crunch domino effect on Middle America May 24, 2015
- The Pirate Bay is not down: Domain redirect problem has an easy fix May 24, 2015
- Pangea Mobile joins the race to bring Chinese mobile games to the West May 24, 2015
- Elon Musk didn’t like his kids’ school, so he started his own May 24, 2015
- Email marketing technology is ridiculously complicated May 24, 2015
- Silicon Valley’s meritocracy: Maybe it’s time to give something back May 23, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- Social media and the new world of work — my take
- The terrible numbers that Groupon doesn't want you to focus on
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Packaged pani puri as progress
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Airbnb's changes don't go far enough
- Communicating amongst friends: how technology changes human relationships
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
Daily Archives: August 5, 2009
Google announced yesterday that it has added more detail on its maps, highlighting businesses and landmarks. They even solved the Albert Einstein Memorial problem that I wrote about last year. Businesses and landmarks are important because they make maps more … Continue reading