I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- There's a Suicide Epidemic in Utah — And One Neuroscientist Thinks He Knows Why - Mic mic.com/articles/10409… 3 hours ago
- RT @GiovannyMoreano: Apple closes at a record; market cap reaches $696 billion. | $AAPL @CNBC 3 hours ago
- I know in Sao Paulo, Mexico City or Bogota, I'd rather take an Uber than an anonymous taxi. Same logic applies in U.S. 3 hours ago
- Uber to collect donations for Goodwill in NYC. It's great to see companies like Uber and Airbnb growing up. 3 hours ago
- New @AmericanExpress app adds video chat with CSRs. Only possible reason I can imagine wanting to do this is to avoid IVRs. 4 hours ago
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- An apology, an explanation and a bunch of thank yous
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- The death of nuance: Komen, ALS and Uber
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- Social media and the new world of work — my take
- Batkid, San Francisco and my brother’s experience with the Make-A-Wish foundation
- Why I’m joining OLO’s advisory board
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Because manholes are round
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Communicating amongst friends: how technology changes human relationships
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- The terrible numbers that Groupon doesn't want you to focus on
Monthly Archives: March 2009
Sir Richard Branson, chairman of Virgin Group – He’s my kind of billionaire: irreverent, playful and working for the public good. Steve Case, co-founder of AOL – No one person did more to bring Americans online than Steve. I was … Continue reading
This picture should send shivers down the spines of executives at USA Today headquarters in McLean, Va. For at least as long as I’ve been traveling for business (13 years and counting), a USA Today in front of the hotel … Continue reading
I read two thought-provoking pieces this week on the decline of newspapers from voices outside the newspaper business and one Really Dumb Idea from a voice on the inside. Author Clay Shirky, Newspapers and Thinking the Unthinkable: When someone demands … Continue reading
In the first part, I wrote about the fallacy of using people with thousands of followers to illustrate how you can get great results if you ask questions on Twitter. In this part, I’ll focus on why the conversational nature … Continue reading