I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- ZIRX gets strategic investment from BMW, launches parking service for enterprises venturebeat.com/2015/09/02/zir… 14 hours ago
- Great comment from @joshelman on the big challenge with Twitter. producthunt.com/live/josh-elma… 15 hours ago
- Digital ordering startup @Olo launches 'Dispatch,' connecting restaurants with delivery companies video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video… (advisor) 15 hours ago
- Great advice from @joshelman on product hunt live producthunt.com/live/josh-elman 2 days ago
- RT @ReutersTech: Instagram adds features to keep up with young, messaging users reut.rs/1PJvpP8 2 days ago
- Libre Wireless Technologies Powers SK Telecom’s Innovative Portable Hi-Fi Audio, UO Linkage September 4, 2015
- Uber’s #UberDinner marketing stunt in Singapore and Kuala Lumpur ends in hunger September 4, 2015
- Justice Department tightens cellphone tracking rules September 4, 2015
- WhatsApp now has 900M monthly active users September 4, 2015
- Some doctors DO want your Fitbit data September 4, 2015
- Here’s a look at some of the newest Star Wars toys coming out September 4 September 4, 2015
- Mozilla pushes out first public preview of Firefox for iOS September 4, 2015
- Google Calendar is getting a new, more secure URL September 4, 2015
- Alex Gibney’s edgy Steve Jobs documentary hits theaters tomorrow, Sept. 4 (exclusive clip) September 3, 2015
- Facebook now lets you measure multiple ad campaigns to see which is most effective September 3, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- Donald Trump is right
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Why I'm joining Groupon
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- Rakesh's quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- How do you pay for a ride on SF Muni with a $20 and a $1?
Monthly Archives: March 2009
Sir Richard Branson, chairman of Virgin Group – He’s my kind of billionaire: irreverent, playful and working for the public good. Steve Case, co-founder of AOL – No one person did more to bring Americans online than Steve. I was … Continue reading
This picture should send shivers down the spines of executives at USA Today headquarters in McLean, Va. For at least as long as I’ve been traveling for business (13 years and counting), a USA Today in front of the hotel … Continue reading
I read two thought-provoking pieces this week on the decline of newspapers from voices outside the newspaper business and one Really Dumb Idea from a voice on the inside. Author Clay Shirky, Newspapers and Thinking the Unthinkable: When someone demands … Continue reading
In the first part, I wrote about the fallacy of using people with thousands of followers to illustrate how you can get great results if you ask questions on Twitter. In this part, I’ll focus on why the conversational nature … Continue reading