I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Museum of obsolete tech, part 2. http://t.co/V9QOs6xRds 5 hours ago
- My museum of obsolete technology, part 1 http://t.co/B1QPfgN1CS 5 hours ago
- Strangest Apple Watch experience... emails that show on Watch disappear from my mailbox. Not all the time, but not infrequent. 5 hours ago
- My girlfriend opens her Apple Watch (6-month anniversary) facebook.com/rockyagrawal/v… 16 hours ago
- Pretty sure Apple spent more time designing the butterfly watch face than Moto did designing all of Moto X. 18 hours ago
- LiveNinja and Kairos: Video chat for customer service that knows who you are April 27, 2015
- Funding Daily: Today’s tech funding news, in one place April 27, 2015
- Why King and Supercell spent nearly $500M marketing their games — and how you can spend way less April 27, 2015
- Facebook launches free video calling for Messenger April 27, 2015
- Scanadu pulls in another $35M to take ‘medical tricorder’ to market April 27, 2015
- Instagram introduces three new filters, emojis in hashtags April 27, 2015
- Greenrope’s CRM and marketing automation bucks the trend, but will it win? April 27, 2015
- Alcatel One Touch Idol 3 review April 27, 2015
- Google announces Patent Purchase Promotion, an experimental marketplace for outbidding patent trolls April 27, 2015
- Rupert Murdoch’s British tabloid ‘The Sun’ adopts Tor-based SecureDrop system for whistleblowers April 27, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- Social media and the new world of work — my take
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Media requests
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- How daily deal companies could improve the merchant experience -- and why they won't
- Rakesh Agrawal disambiguation
Monthly Archives: March 2009
Sir Richard Branson, chairman of Virgin Group – He’s my kind of billionaire: irreverent, playful and working for the public good. Steve Case, co-founder of AOL – No one person did more to bring Americans online than Steve. I was … Continue reading
This picture should send shivers down the spines of executives at USA Today headquarters in McLean, Va. For at least as long as I’ve been traveling for business (13 years and counting), a USA Today in front of the hotel … Continue reading
I read two thought-provoking pieces this week on the decline of newspapers from voices outside the newspaper business and one Really Dumb Idea from a voice on the inside. Author Clay Shirky, Newspapers and Thinking the Unthinkable: When someone demands … Continue reading
In the first part, I wrote about the fallacy of using people with thousands of followers to illustrate how you can get great results if you ask questions on Twitter. In this part, I’ll focus on why the conversational nature … Continue reading