I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- csen, Silicon Valley is Going to Retrench in 2016 csen.tumblr.com/post/125460789… 1 day ago
- Seen on the street. http://t.co/mJaObuhTW2 1 day ago
- What do people think of Facebook Moments? Seems vaguely like Color, without the over-limiting, illiquid real-time restriction. 2 days ago
- Steep Discounts a Boon for Customers, but a Gamble for Start-Ups nytimes.com/2015/07/30/tec… Great stuff from @fmanjoo /via @hunterwalk 2 days ago
- Yelp shares plunge 28% after earnings loss cnbc.com/2015/07/28/yel… 2 days ago
- Robots won’t fully catch on until they can see and touch like we do August 1, 2015
- 3 reasons natural-language tech has more potential than you think August 1, 2015
- It’s time for marketers to adapt to vertical videos July 31, 2015
- Boston’s best CMO fired from HubSpot: allegedly tried to obtain Dan Lyons’ tell-all book July 31, 2015
- Y Combinator-backed Shotput helps fulfill product orders at a price that works for startups July 31, 2015
- Why the Ashley Madison hack could pose a national security risk July 31, 2015
- Funding Daily: Today’s tech funding news, in one place July 31, 2015
- Facebook tweaks its News Feed for the ‘small group of people’ who actively hide posts July 31, 2015
- Yahoo will acquire the social shopping site Polyvore July 31, 2015
- Attention, shoppers: Shopping with a store app means you’ll visit more and stay longer July 31, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- Because manholes are round
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- How daily deal companies could improve the merchant experience -- and why they won't
- My genius list
Monthly Archives: March 2009
Sir Richard Branson, chairman of Virgin Group – He’s my kind of billionaire: irreverent, playful and working for the public good. Steve Case, co-founder of AOL – No one person did more to bring Americans online than Steve. I was … Continue reading
This picture should send shivers down the spines of executives at USA Today headquarters in McLean, Va. For at least as long as I’ve been traveling for business (13 years and counting), a USA Today in front of the hotel … Continue reading
I read two thought-provoking pieces this week on the decline of newspapers from voices outside the newspaper business and one Really Dumb Idea from a voice on the inside. Author Clay Shirky, Newspapers and Thinking the Unthinkable: When someone demands … Continue reading
In the first part, I wrote about the fallacy of using people with thousands of followers to illustrate how you can get great results if you ask questions on Twitter. In this part, I’ll focus on why the conversational nature … Continue reading