I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Good thoughts on how to make decisions by @angusdav Committing to decisions - Providence Business News pbn.com/Committing-to-…? 1 day ago
- RT @chchien: the pain continues for SF renters. 1BR now $3460 on average. prices are having a negative impact on startup ecosystem http://t… 1 day ago
- Nordstrom's customer service reputation also applies to Nordstrom Bank. Couldn't have been more polite when I accidentally missed a payment. 1 day ago
- RT @stevesi: Meera Joshi CEO of NYC Taxi commission saying "city is better off with services like Uber and Lyft" due to competition. On @S… 1 day ago
- RT @DavidSacks: Shrewd (and hopeful) move by @Dan_Schulman to elevate the startup guys within PayPal. readwrite.com/2015/03/02/pay… 1 day ago
- Welcome to Hero City, land of opportunity — and heroic levels of hype March 5, 2015
- The planets are aligning for cable company mobile service March 5, 2015
- Announcing the VB CMO Council March 5, 2015
- Funding Daily: Today’s tech funding news, in one place March 5, 2015
- Quip’s spreadsheets get row freezing, conditional formatting, and table mode March 5, 2015
- Netflix: Our CFO didn’t backtrack on net neutrality March 5, 2015
- Google Drive for Android gets drag and drop support, new PDF viewer, performance and design improvements March 5, 2015
- The software that’s eating marketing March 5, 2015
- Facebook warns Page owners their like counts will drop on March 12 March 5, 2015
- Twitter’s new ‘partner audiences’ will help more advertisers track you outside Twitter March 5, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- A simple fix to an Uber-related security issue
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- The death of nuance: Komen, ALS and Uber
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Because manholes are round
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Shop Talk: A conversation with a Groupon merchant
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- How not to design an ATM
Monthly Archives: March 2009
Sir Richard Branson, chairman of Virgin Group – He’s my kind of billionaire: irreverent, playful and working for the public good. Steve Case, co-founder of AOL – No one person did more to bring Americans online than Steve. I was … Continue reading
This picture should send shivers down the spines of executives at USA Today headquarters in McLean, Va. For at least as long as I’ve been traveling for business (13 years and counting), a USA Today in front of the hotel … Continue reading
I read two thought-provoking pieces this week on the decline of newspapers from voices outside the newspaper business and one Really Dumb Idea from a voice on the inside. Author Clay Shirky, Newspapers and Thinking the Unthinkable: When someone demands … Continue reading
In the first part, I wrote about the fallacy of using people with thousands of followers to illustrate how you can get great results if you ask questions on Twitter. In this part, I’ll focus on why the conversational nature … Continue reading