I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Bye 1 week ago
- RT @TradeEconomista: Worthy reminder: Steve Jobs biological father was also a #SyrianRefugee @APPLEOFFIClAL @DisneyPixar https://t.co/2… 1 week ago
- The Marriott deal likely means another blow for @AmericanExpress. And my favorite card -- the @StarwoodBuzz AmEx will be no more. :( 2 weeks ago
- Marriott Buying Starwood in Deal Valued at $12.2 Billion bloomberg.com/news/articles/… FUCK. 2 weeks ago
- RT @Eater: In-N-Out Burger sues DoorDash for delivering burgers without its permission eater.com/2015/11/11/971… 2 weeks ago
- Nokia will start selling its $60K Ozo virtual reality camera in Q1 2016 December 1, 2015
- Adobe data: Cyber Monday 2015 will hit a record $3B in sales, sale product shortages hit all-time high December 1, 2015
- New Samsung patent shows off a phone that unfolds into a tablet (with bonus Apple cameo) November 30, 2015
- This is what a National Security Letter looks like November 30, 2015
- Oculus VR will have a ‘special announcement’ at ‘The Game Awards’ November 30, 2015
- 50% of adults shop on smartphones while browsing a store November 30, 2015
- This mobile game studio wants Israel to embrace creativity, not just tech and monetization November 30, 2015
- Meteor launches Galaxy Developer Edition with hourly pricing for app hosting November 30, 2015
- Microsoft releases Dynamics CRM 2016 with technology from FieldOne, Parature acquisitions November 30, 2015
- 6 best practices for recruiting exceptional talent November 30, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Because manholes are round
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Custom pictures come to credit cards
- How daily deal companies could improve the merchant experience -- and why they won't
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
Monthly Archives: March 2009
Sir Richard Branson, chairman of Virgin Group – He’s my kind of billionaire: irreverent, playful and working for the public good. Steve Case, co-founder of AOL – No one person did more to bring Americans online than Steve. I was … Continue reading
This picture should send shivers down the spines of executives at USA Today headquarters in McLean, Va. For at least as long as I’ve been traveling for business (13 years and counting), a USA Today in front of the hotel … Continue reading
I read two thought-provoking pieces this week on the decline of newspapers from voices outside the newspaper business and one Really Dumb Idea from a voice on the inside. Author Clay Shirky, Newspapers and Thinking the Unthinkable: When someone demands … Continue reading
In the first part, I wrote about the fallacy of using people with thousands of followers to illustrate how you can get great results if you ask questions on Twitter. In this part, I’ll focus on why the conversational nature … Continue reading