I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- It's amazing how quickly @Bankoff took a sports blogging network and turned it into a media powerhouse. 3 hours ago
- Congratulations to @karaswisher and @Bankoff. A great combination. 3 hours ago
- Landlord just hit me with a 22% rent increase. #lifeinSF #talkrent 7 hours ago
- Simple and very useful @Target watch feature. http://t.co/VhbiqeYkYL 4 days ago
- Watching people use that @McDonalds touch screen ordering... Clearly the ux and process flow needs a lot of work. 6 days ago
- Value-add VCs are not bullsh*t — here’s why May 27, 2015
- Microsoft integrates its How Old face-recognition tool into Bing image search results May 26, 2015
- Tubular Labs adds $7M for video analytics and marketing service May 26, 2015
- Vox Media acquires tech blog Re/code May 26, 2015
- IRS hacked, thieves made off with 100K taxpayers’ data May 26, 2015
- Succeeding in China — where 91% of the 34K mobile games released since October have failed May 26, 2015
- Sublime Skinz announces $5M raise from France’s ISAI May 26, 2015
- Facebook’s Oculus buys computer vision startup to help the Rift understand the world May 26, 2015
- How Apple’s Force Touch feature could be hugely useful to iPhone users May 26, 2015
- HP buys software-defined networking startup ConteXtream May 26, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- Social media and the new world of work — my take
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- The terrible numbers that Groupon doesn't want you to focus on
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Let Google Maps do the walking
Monthly Archives: October 2007
My friend Jason ran in the Marine Corps Marathon yesterday. The marathon, like many races, uses a chip on runners’ shoes to track times. The Marine Corps Marathon also offered runner alerts: you could sign up before the race to … Continue reading
Crises force people to think differently. Faced with a rapidly moving story, media outlets in Southern California have done an outstanding job in adopting Web 2.0 tools to keep readers informed during the tragedy. SignOnSanDiego, the Web site of the … Continue reading
Very few occupations are constitutionally protected. Journalism is one of them. The first amendment says: Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the … Continue reading
From the Anderson-Abruzzo Albuquerque International Balloon Museum, a book of pictures of London taken from a balloon. The book covers eight square miles.