I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Playing Taboo with my GF: "It's an internet company that is failing..." She got it in one guess. 26 minutes ago
- LG made 1.2 cents in profit for every phone it sold last quarter engadget.com/2015/07/29/lg-… 56 minutes ago
- Cool new trick from Google local. This is what you can do when you have meaningful data - unlike Yelp techcrunch.com/2015/07/28/goo… via @hunterwalk 17 hours ago
- If I invented a drinking game for investor calls, the trigger word would be "color." 18 hours ago
- Trade from earlier today. PUT (YELP) YELP INC FEB 19 16 $29 @NRellas 19 hours ago
- Twitter says ‘just trust us,’ stock plummets over 13% July 29, 2015
- Why I’m not ready to switch from Mac to Windows 10 July 29, 2015
- Ad network MobileFuse lights up video ads for ‘receptive moments’ July 29, 2015
- Funding Daily: Today’s tech funding news, in one place July 29, 2015
- Deloitte and Coupa Form Strategic Alliance to Help Drive Procurement Transformation July 29, 2015
- Google Translate now provides instant visual translations in 27 languages on iOS and Android July 29, 2015
- IDC: Tablet shipments decline for third quarter in a row, leaders Apple and Samsung lose market share again July 29, 2015
- AltspaceVR raises $10.3M to grow its virtual reality platform for shared experiences July 29, 2015
- Xbox chief hopes Halo: The Master Chief Collection will boost China console sales July 29, 2015
- Predictive marketer Radius lands $50M so companies can optimize for the world they want July 29, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Because manholes are round
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Think Groupon is a technology company? Think again.
- How daily deal companies could improve the merchant experience -- and why they won't
Monthly Archives: October 2007
My friend Jason ran in the Marine Corps Marathon yesterday. The marathon, like many races, uses a chip on runners’ shoes to track times. The Marine Corps Marathon also offered runner alerts: you could sign up before the race to … Continue reading
Crises force people to think differently. Faced with a rapidly moving story, media outlets in Southern California have done an outstanding job in adopting Web 2.0 tools to keep readers informed during the tragedy. SignOnSanDiego, the Web site of the … Continue reading
Very few occupations are constitutionally protected. Journalism is one of them. The first amendment says: Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the … Continue reading
From the Anderson-Abruzzo Albuquerque International Balloon Museum, a book of pictures of London taken from a balloon. The book covers eight square miles.