I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Great advice from @joshelman on product hunt live producthunt.com/live/josh-elman 19 hours ago
- RT @ReutersTech: Instagram adds features to keep up with young, messaging users reut.rs/1PJvpP8 20 hours ago
- Restaurant recommendations by Uber? Using mass data to make recommendations viewfromthewing.boardingarea.com/2015/09/01/hil… 20 hours ago
- “DoorDash Inks First Non-Restaurant Delivery Deal With 7-Eleven (Sans Slurpees)” forbes.com/sites/emilyinv… 20 hours ago
- How long has Google been letting you scroll through recent tweets in search results? 21 hours ago
- ZIRX gets strategic investment from BMW, launches a parking service for enterprises September 2, 2015
- Localytics’ Remarketing product shows Facebook is king for mobile user acquisition September 2, 2015
- Acer’s new $225 modular PC lets you upgrade your machine with magnetic blocks September 2, 2015
- Twitter expands ads platform from 33 markets to more than 200, says there are 100k advertisers on Twitter September 2, 2015
- Traditional looking Huawei Watch on sale September 17, priced from $350 to $800 September 2, 2015
- Twitter expands its self-service ads platform to more than 200 countries September 2, 2015
- Gluru launches to become Google Now for business September 2, 2015
- How Google’s logo has evolved through the years September 2, 2015
- The mobile web is enjoying a comeback — but why? September 2, 2015
- Alibaba trials video-streaming service in push to become the Netflix of China September 2, 2015
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Donald Trump is right
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Look at the logo Google News puts next to Groupon
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Google Offers merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Communicating amongst friends: how technology changes human relationships
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- Rakesh's quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Shop Talk: A conversation with a Groupon merchant
Monthly Archives: June 2007
I made my visit to the Temple of Jobs yesterday, reaching the Apple store on Stockton Street about 9:30 p.m. The live van for the local NBC affiliate was parked outside waiting for the 11 p.m. newscast. Inside, the store … Continue reading
I’m on vacation in Santa Fe until Wednesday. If you have any suggestions for places to eat or visit in Santa Fe and Albuquerque, please leave them in comments.
I needed to cancel one of my credit cards. I rarely use the card and didn’t want to pay the $75 annual fee. I called Citi to cancel. Of course this is never an easy process. They transfered me to … Continue reading