I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- A reminder that your Instagram photos aren’t really yours: Someone else can sell them for $90,000 washingtonpost.com/blogs/style-bl… 23 hours ago
- It's amazing how quickly @Bankoff took a sports blogging network and turned it into a media powerhouse. 1 day ago
- Congratulations to @karaswisher and @Bankoff. A great combination. 1 day ago
- Landlord just hit me with a 22% rent increase. #lifeinSF #talkrent 1 day ago
- Simple and very useful @Target watch feature. http://t.co/VhbiqeYkYL 5 days ago
- Funding Daily: Today’s tech funding news, in one place May 28, 2015
- South Korean gaming giant NCSoft expands into key Western PC and mobile markets May 28, 2015
- A female first: EA adds women’s national teams to FIFA 16 soccer game May 28, 2015
- Batman: Arkham Knight makes Gotham feel more like a city and less like a playground May 28, 2015
- Zynga launches FarmVille: Harvest Swap to reap match-3 profits May 28, 2015
- Gracenote expands its media metadata platform into sports with the $54M acquistion of 2 data firms May 28, 2015
- Shazam adds visual recognition to its music discovery app May 28, 2015
- How to win the talent war without outspending your competition May 28, 2015
- Lenovo demos new smart shoes with a screen that displays your mood May 28, 2015
- Trustpilot takes in $73.5M for its consumer review platform May 28, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- Social media and the new world of work — my take
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Because manholes are round
- How daily deal companies could improve the merchant experience -- and why they won't
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- Watson vs. Google
- The terrible numbers that Groupon doesn't want you to focus on
Monthly Archives: June 2007
I made my visit to the Temple of Jobs yesterday, reaching the Apple store on Stockton Street about 9:30 p.m. The live van for the local NBC affiliate was parked outside waiting for the 11 p.m. newscast. Inside, the store … Continue reading
I’m on vacation in Santa Fe until Wednesday. If you have any suggestions for places to eat or visit in Santa Fe and Albuquerque, please leave them in comments.
I needed to cancel one of my credit cards. I rarely use the card and didn’t want to pay the $75 annual fee. I called Citi to cancel. Of course this is never an easy process. They transfered me to … Continue reading