I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- RT @jasonmcminn: Octopus in HK is what Apple Pay should be in US - no pin, no cash back prompt, no trans slow down @rakeshlobster http://t.… 7 hours ago
- RT @leonardspeiser: Apple's $18 billion in earnings this quarter shattered the previous high-water mark of $15.9 billion set in 2012 by Exx… 8 hours ago
- No need to obsess over Instagram, What'sApp monetization. They were both preemptive/defensive acquisitions. Nothing wrong with that. 9 hours ago
- $FB has the opposite problem of $GOOG and $AMZN. They want to be everything for everyone and completely lack focus. 9 hours ago
- $FB has some great plays in commerce, payments and search. Unfortunatel been way too focused to capitalize while others stake territory. 9 hours ago
- After acquiring mobile email startup Acompli, Microsoft launches Outlook for Android and iOS January 29, 2015
- Microsoft releases Word, Excel, and PowerPoint for Android tablets out of preview January 29, 2015
- Deliveroo grabs $25M to bring its premium meal delivery service to more cities January 29, 2015
- Cloud-monitoring startup Datadog lands $31M January 29, 2015
- 4 tips for scheduling efficient meetings in 30 minutes or less January 29, 2015
- How to handle an unexpected offer for your early-stage startup January 29, 2015
- Gameloft’s full-year mobile gaming revenue hits $256M January 29, 2015
- Xbox Live down for many on Xbox One January 29, 2015
- Ucool to launch Super Bowl ad for Heroes Charge mobile game January 29, 2015
- Snapchat’s future is in the details — why Discover is only the beginning January 29, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- The death of nuance: Komen, ALS and Uber
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Technology's effects on our language
- Thoughts on service startups
- Communicating amongst friends: how technology changes human relationships
- Yelp advertiser agreement
Monthly Archives: June 2007
I made my visit to the Temple of Jobs yesterday, reaching the Apple store on Stockton Street about 9:30 p.m. The live van for the local NBC affiliate was parked outside waiting for the 11 p.m. newscast. Inside, the store … Continue reading
I’m on vacation in Santa Fe until Wednesday. If you have any suggestions for places to eat or visit in Santa Fe and Albuquerque, please leave them in comments.
I needed to cancel one of my credit cards. I rarely use the card and didn’t want to pay the $75 annual fee. I called Citi to cancel. Of course this is never an easy process. They transfered me to … Continue reading