I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- The pictures added to Yelp reviews of Memories Pizza in Indiana are priceless. yelp.com/biz_photos/mem… 4 hours ago
- "I ordered an extra large pizza with EXTRA HUGE SAUSAGE and they said I could not have sausage at all, since I was a male." -- Yelp review. 5 hours ago
- Homophobic pizza restaurant in Indiana gets trashed on yelp. (With some defenders.) yelp.com/biz/memories-p… 5 hours ago
- RT @hunterwalk: The World Will Only Get Weirder (or more provocatively, The End of Rules) stevecoast.com/2015/03/27/the… http://t.co/RIShgxdlDX 9 hours ago
- RT @pkedrosky: The combined market cap of Dell, Microsoft, Intel & Cisco peaked at around 45% of Nasdaq 100 capitalization — & has since fa… 9 hours ago
- Five lessons you can learn from Twitter’s top 1,000 users: Be a pop star, don’t live in SF April 2, 2015
- Mobile ad spending to hit $100B in 2016 and become the biggest digital ad market April 2, 2015
- Citi analyst: iPhone sales are going to blow expectations away — again April 2, 2015
- BMW i8 plug-in hybrid coupe production will double to meet demand April 2, 2015
- 6 mobile marketing strategies that need to die April 2, 2015
- Salesforce buys mobile authentication startup Toopher April 2, 2015
- The EU sets the stage for formal antitrust charges against Google April 2, 2015
- This is how you purchase digital currencies April 2, 2015
- Angry Birds in the park? Aireal’s augmented-reality tech for businesses could make it ‘real’ April 1, 2015
- Tesla may have won April Fools’ Day with Apple Watch parody April 1, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- The death of nuance: Komen, ALS and Uber
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- The terrible numbers that Groupon doesn't want you to focus on
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Think Groupon is a technology company? Think again.
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
Monthly Archives: June 2007
I made my visit to the Temple of Jobs yesterday, reaching the Apple store on Stockton Street about 9:30 p.m. The live van for the local NBC affiliate was parked outside waiting for the 11 p.m. newscast. Inside, the store … Continue reading
I’m on vacation in Santa Fe until Wednesday. If you have any suggestions for places to eat or visit in Santa Fe and Albuquerque, please leave them in comments.
I needed to cancel one of my credit cards. I rarely use the card and didn’t want to pay the $75 annual fee. I called Citi to cancel. Of course this is never an easy process. They transfered me to … Continue reading