I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- RT @mblumenthal: @rakeshlobster Great question. Problem is Nokia sucks as much as TeleAtlas fixing stuff. Some signs of improve, not enough… 1 week ago
- Who is Nokia Here most valuable to? Apple, Uber, Facebook... ? @mblumenthal 1 week ago
- A Call for New Type of Mapping Platform ... Fun day dreaming. Google is best positioned to provide this. theinformation.com/A-Call-for-New… 1 week ago
- RT @MaxCRoser: What the History of Camera Sales Looks Like with Smartphones Included (Source: bit.ly/1EqUYC7) http://t.co/Esaxx1D7… 1 week ago
- RT @RakeshAgrawal: What Uber is killing (it's not the taxi industry) detroitnews.com/story/opinion/… via @reillybrennan http://t.co/XG5BddZ8nU 1 week ago
- Google’s Mobilegeddon: Everything you need to know April 21, 2015
- Chinese and Russians team up to help startups at Skolkovo high-tech park April 21, 2015
- Google brings Street View to Loch Ness April 21, 2015
- HBO is wooing millennials, but legal didn’t get the memo April 21, 2015
- The top 3 qualities of a great data scientist April 21, 2015
- Slack brings its app to the Apple Watch (video) April 20, 2015
- CenturyLink is acquiring cloud-database startup Orchestrate April 20, 2015
- Kabam restructures to focus only on the biggest mobile game hits April 20, 2015
- Comcast’s trump card in TWC merger case is bullcrap April 20, 2015
- PayPal hires execs from Singtel and Nokia ahead of split from eBay April 20, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- The death of nuance: Komen, ALS and Uber
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Communicating amongst friends: how technology changes human relationships
- Because manholes are round
Monthly Archives: June 2007
I made my visit to the Temple of Jobs yesterday, reaching the Apple store on Stockton Street about 9:30 p.m. The live van for the local NBC affiliate was parked outside waiting for the 11 p.m. newscast. Inside, the store … Continue reading
I’m on vacation in Santa Fe until Wednesday. If you have any suggestions for places to eat or visit in Santa Fe and Albuquerque, please leave them in comments.
I needed to cancel one of my credit cards. I rarely use the card and didn’t want to pay the $75 annual fee. I called Citi to cancel. Of course this is never an easy process. They transfered me to … Continue reading