I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Bye 1 week ago
- RT @TradeEconomista: Worthy reminder: Steve Jobs biological father was also a #SyrianRefugee @APPLEOFFIClAL @DisneyPixar https://t.co/2… 1 week ago
- The Marriott deal likely means another blow for @AmericanExpress. And my favorite card -- the @StarwoodBuzz AmEx will be no more. :( 1 week ago
- Marriott Buying Starwood in Deal Valued at $12.2 Billion bloomberg.com/news/articles/… FUCK. 1 week ago
- RT @Eater: In-N-Out Burger sues DoorDash for delivering burgers without its permission eater.com/2015/11/11/971… 2 weeks ago
- 50% of Black Friday shoppers opted for ecommerce this year November 29, 2015
- Watch Top Gear’s Jeremy Clarkson show off Amazon’s Prime Air delivery drones November 29, 2015
- Why the iPad Pro will dethrone the iPad 2 November 29, 2015
- Why an iPhone 7 without a headphone jack should not surprise you November 29, 2015
- Don’t knock low-margin startups November 29, 2015
- How YPlan is building a $1B business on helping you have fun November 29, 2015
- The Pepsi Phone may not reach its crowdfunding goal November 29, 2015
- What is it with electric cars and Star Wars Stormtroopers anyway? November 29, 2015
- How to protect your startup from copycats November 29, 2015
- PlayStation Network is down and Sony is working to fix it (update) November 29, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- How daily deal companies could improve the merchant experience -- and why they won't
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Because manholes are round
- The terrible numbers that Groupon doesn't want you to focus on
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- There are only two deal companies that matter: Facebook and Google
Monthly Archives: June 2007
I made my visit to the Temple of Jobs yesterday, reaching the Apple store on Stockton Street about 9:30 p.m. The live van for the local NBC affiliate was parked outside waiting for the 11 p.m. newscast. Inside, the store … Continue reading
I’m on vacation in Santa Fe until Wednesday. If you have any suggestions for places to eat or visit in Santa Fe and Albuquerque, please leave them in comments.
I needed to cancel one of my credit cards. I rarely use the card and didn’t want to pay the $75 annual fee. I called Citi to cancel. Of course this is never an easy process. They transfered me to … Continue reading