I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Restaurant calls customer to tell her she's banned after negative Yelp review. youtube.com/watch?v=vMTjQv… 1 day ago
- Even when you think you've anonymized data, you often haven't theiii.org/index.php/316/… Chop off first, last few blocks in NYC? via @hunterwalk 1 day ago
- Great offer from MSFT: If you auto upload iPhone photos to OneDrive, you get a bonus 15GB of storage. Easy way to have distributed backup 1 day ago
- SuperShuttle is one of the most annoying, terrible airport ride experiences. Stopped using them years ago. 1 day ago
- S.F., L.A. threaten Uber, Lyft with legal action sfgate.com/bayarea/articl… Trying to stop shared ride at behest of SuperShuttle is ridculous 1 day ago
- Why I’m joining PayPal March 11, 2014
- How Google+ can win over parents and grandparents from Facebook February 19, 2014
- The best transportation option in San Francisco might be one you’ve never heard of February 19, 2014
- In my first dine-and-dash experience with OpenTable, even the server was onboard with it February 12, 2014
- Why I love Twitter — and why that might not matter February 6, 2014
- Google could still win social — by redefining what social means February 5, 2014
- Facebook is 10. So why is it acting like it’s 80? February 5, 2014
- What UberX’s new lower pricing means for the transportation market January 11, 2014
- Two pictures that illustrate 12 years of change in technology (and the increasing irrelevance of CES) January 10, 2014
- Evernote’s Phil Libin shows how to do startup PR the right way January 9, 2014
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- The death of nuance: Komen, ALS and Uber
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- Social media and the new world of work — my take
- Batkid, San Francisco and my brother’s experience with the Make-A-Wish foundation
- Why I’m joining OLO’s advisory board
- A few thoughts on customer service
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- A wow experience from United Airlines. Wow.
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- How do you pay for a ride on SF Muni with a $20 and a $1?
Monthly Archives: June 2007
I made my visit to the Temple of Jobs yesterday, reaching the Apple store on Stockton Street about 9:30 p.m. The live van for the local NBC affiliate was parked outside waiting for the 11 p.m. newscast. Inside, the store … Continue reading
I’m on vacation in Santa Fe until Wednesday. If you have any suggestions for places to eat or visit in Santa Fe and Albuquerque, please leave them in comments.
I needed to cancel one of my credit cards. I rarely use the card and didn’t want to pay the $75 annual fee. I called Citi to cancel. Of course this is never an easy process. They transfered me to … Continue reading