I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Ok, can trump supporters name 1? twitter.com/rdoddala/statu… 9 hours ago
- I wonder how many trump supporters could name 3 justices on SCOTUS. 9 hours ago
- I can't wait to hear whom Trump would nominate. I'm sure he'd be huuuuuuuge. Best nomination ever. 9 hours ago
- Scalia was confirmed with a unanimous vote. Fat chance of that happening in today's climate. 11 hours ago
- The regulatory times are a changin'. As SV disrupts more, regulators are getting more interested sooner. mashable.com/2016/02/10/sil… 1 day ago
- These 3 things are trying to kill Linux containers February 14, 2016
- Nice, the high-performance computing company Amazon just acquired, has a heck of a customer list February 14, 2016
- Chris Milk’s startup Vrse is slowly building a collection of the top VR video around February 14, 2016
- Locate this! The battle for app-specific maps February 14, 2016
- Microsoft patents a modular PC with stackable components February 13, 2016
- Top dating apps are just waiting to be hacked — analysis February 13, 2016
- How tech’s big 3 are getting ready to read your emotions February 13, 2016
- Europe’s new laws could cost you 4% of your revenues February 13, 2016
- Blizzard cofounder Frank Pearce: 25 years of making games isn’t enough February 13, 2016
- Bits are beating atoms: The Google, Facebook, Apple and Amazon shuffle February 13, 2016
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- MovieBeam's (sort of) video on demand
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Custom pictures come to credit cards
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Getting out of your cell phone contract for free
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Shop Talk: A conversation with a Groupon merchant
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
Monthly Archives: June 2007
I made my visit to the Temple of Jobs yesterday, reaching the Apple store on Stockton Street about 9:30 p.m. The live van for the local NBC affiliate was parked outside waiting for the 11 p.m. newscast. Inside, the store … Continue reading
I’m on vacation in Santa Fe until Wednesday. If you have any suggestions for places to eat or visit in Santa Fe and Albuquerque, please leave them in comments.
I needed to cancel one of my credit cards. I rarely use the card and didn’t want to pay the $75 annual fee. I called Citi to cancel. Of course this is never an easy process. They transfered me to … Continue reading