I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Pizza delivery shops should have surge pricing on super bowl Sunday to smooth demand. Peak price probably middle of second quarter. 20 hours ago
- RT @danprimack: The story of @realDonaldTrump trying to take an old lady's house for his casino project washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/styl… 1 day ago
- Medicare and VA are socialized medicine. Maybe we should get rid of them. #GOPDebate 1 day ago
- And don't forget that my mom endorsed me. Please clap. #GOPDebate 1 day ago
- #GOPDebate Do you support the right of Muslims to own guns? 1 day ago
- Watch Oculus, Valve, Sony, and evan NASA talk VR and AR on summit livestream February 8, 2016
- Event-ticketing startup YPlan is cutting 30% of its workforce as it scales back U.S. operations February 8, 2016
- How Blizzard stayed laser-focused on quality games for 25 years February 8, 2016
- Email personalization: Increase open rates by 500% (webinar) February 8, 2016
- Turkey’s Gram Games scores a second hit with 1M downloads of Merged! February 8, 2016
- StubHub takes on Ticketmaster with new platform for both primary and secondary tickets February 8, 2016
- Recruitment marketplace Hired nabs $40M, acquires 3 companies in U.S., France, and Australia February 8, 2016
- Research shows culture is the most critical attribute for mobile app marketers February 8, 2016
- Trinity Capital Investment Funds $92 Million to 22 Portfolio Companies in 2015 February 8, 2016
- India bans Facebook’s Free Basics: Law targets ‘discriminatory tariffs’ and supports net neutrality February 8, 2016
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Why I'm joining Groupon
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- If you're going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
Monthly Archives: November 2006
I was flying into Atlanta yesterday and as the plane descended to the runway, I noticed that one of the buildings on the ground with a giant bullseye on it – Target. Next to it, there was a building with … Continue reading
I’m spending most of this week watching focus groups. It’s one of my favorite parts of my job. It’s a chance to see how real people react to the products that we create. I get to hear from people who … Continue reading
I’ve had more and more friends texting me lately and I’ve had to explain to them how much I hate text messaging. It’s inconvenient, unreliable and costly. Here’s a typical exchange: “R u there already” “Y, u” “Omw” This exchange … Continue reading
If you believe the incessant media hype, today is the biggest online shopping day of the year. Not true. Cyber Monday is a fiction created by a flack for the retail industry perpetuated by much of the mainstream media. But … Continue reading
My favorite MP3 player this year is small, lightweight, doesn’t hold a lot of songs and doesn’t come from Apple. You can only get it Target. A testament to Target’s marketing savvy, it also doubles as a $50 gift card. … Continue reading
The U.S. Mint will be issuing new dollar coins starting around President’s Day. With the failures of the Susan B. Anthony and Sacagawea dollars it’s unlikely that the new presidential coins will do any better. The presidential series has the … Continue reading