I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- I wonder how Thanksgiving activity varies from normal on FB and Twitter. My guess: FB spikes higher; Twitter goes lower. 2 hours ago
- Thankful for my friends and followers around the world. Thank you for reading and for your engagement. Happy Thanksgiving to Americans! 5 hours ago
- Annoying in Kyoto: ATMs hard to find. Triply annoying: most don't take cards issued outside Japan. 7-11 ATMs a notable exception. @rdoddala 16 hours ago
- I talk to @CSaid about Black Friday and TaskRabbits. sfchronicle.com/business/artic… First time in the local paper for me? 23 hours ago
- RT @MuleSoft: Learn how to bring #FinServ into the 21st century [Whitepaper] ow.ly/D8czu #FinTech 23 hours ago
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- An apology, an explanation and a bunch of thank yous
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- The death of nuance: Komen, ALS and Uber
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- Social media and the new world of work — my take
- Batkid, San Francisco and my brother’s experience with the Make-A-Wish foundation
- Why I’m joining OLO’s advisory board
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Because manholes are round
- Technology's effects on our language
- Communicating amongst friends: how technology changes human relationships
Monthly Archives: October 2006
I’ve been playing with Google’s Custom Search engine lately. In short, it lets you build custom search engines around a given topic. You can create your own search engine around toys, HDTV, restaurants, travel Web site — whatever interests you. … Continue reading
There’s been a lot of talk about the copyright issues that YouTube faces with the vast volume of clips that aren’t authorized by content creators. We’ve seen a number of licensing agreements for content. YouTube has also pulled unauthorized Comedy … Continue reading
YouTube has begun to remove Comedy Central clips from shows like The Daily Show and The Colbert Report. It’s unfortunate. Colbert’s show has been one of the leaders in embracing the Internet and engaging with viewers online. The Internet audience, … Continue reading
It seems that more and more news stories these days are just the results of what publicists, leakers and political operatives spoonfeed to reporters, with very little investigation. Take the latest salvo in the ugly campaign for Virginia Senate between … Continue reading
Google’s blog has a plea for users to not use Google as a verb. Just as we’re not supposed to Jet Ski or Xerox, Google’s lawyers would appreciate it if we stick to using Google as a noun. There is … Continue reading
I was driving home tonight and heard a promo on XM for tonight’s World Series broadcasts. Listeners have their choice of four programs: The Detroit feed The St. Louis feed The network feed The Spanish language feed It’s another indicator … Continue reading